The majority of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals are intensely dedicated and diligent. Although isolated acts of medical negligence do not mean this is not true, we believe it is essential to expose errors and obtain just financial recoveries for victims and their families. Often, shortcomings in training, procedures and hospitals' and other facilities' policies are addressed as a result, helping to prevent future tragedies.
Trial-Proven Medical Negligence Injury Lawyers Serving Missouri And Kansas
If you are suffering and believe negligence played a role in your adverse outcome or a loved one's wrongful death, our firm is here to help. In an era when many attorneys refuse to accept medical malpractice cases, our legal team is extremely active in this complex area. Our experience and capabilities cover:
- Preventable birth injuries such as cerebral palsy or other brain damage, shoulder dystocia and brachial plexus injuries — as well as uterine rupture, failure to treat preeclampsia (maternal hypertension) and other forms of negligence affecting birth mothers
- Failures to diagnose and timely treat major illnesses such as stroke, heart attack and heart disease, cancer and pulmonary embolism
- Surgical errors such as leaving foreign bodies in the surgical cavity and inadvertent cutting of vital body parts
- Nursing errors such as administration of a medication overdose or the wrong medication, failure to properly monitor a post-surgical patient, and failure to notify a physician of complications
- Radiology errors and failures
- Emergency room negligence, often in the form of failed diagnosis despite clear symptoms of a serious condition
- Anesthesia errors and injuries
- Neglect or abuse in nursing homes as well as hospitals and other care facilities, as when patients develop bed sores (pressure ulcers) and potentially fatal infections
Among dozens of significant cases in the realm of medical malpractice, we obtained a $2 million jury verdict for a mother in Jackson County who lost her two-year-old daughter as a result of a pediatrician's failure to timely diagnose and treat the child's heart condition. Our firm's efforts have also led to many confidential settlements across the spectrum of medical negligence.
Reach A Caring, Dedicated Attorney At The Redfearn Law Firm: 888-894-8245
As leading Kansas City area medical malpractice lawyers for nearly three decades, we are prepared to thoroughly assess your case and evaluate your legal rights. Our work together can begin with a free initial consultation.
Past results afford no guarantee of future results. Every case is different and must be judged on its own merits. Missouri Supreme Court Rule 4-7.1.